A health coach is like your GPS.
You decide the destination, and the coach supports you along the way.
A GPS system is an awesome tool if you are in an unfamiliar place — or even if you just need reassurance.
You get directions delivered by a calm voice that is never judgmental. If you make a wrong turn, the GPS helps you get back on track.
You might have gotten to your destination anyway, but using a GPS certainly helps increase your confidence and decreases the chances of getting lost.
This is exactly what a health coach does. Changing your behaviors is a journey. A health coach provides guidance and support to help you navigate the turns.
Coaching is also helpful for families and parents! There’s no reason to do it alone. Health coaches are here to help you raise healthy kids!
Having a coach can also help if:
- You know what you want to do to improve your health, but you haven’t done it.
- You’re working on your health, but struggling to stay on track.
- You used to do more for your health, and want to do more now.
- You’re feeling stuck!
So pick up the phone and start your journey.
Call 503-286-6816 or 1-866-301-3866 (toll free) and select option 2.
This service is free for Kaiser Permanente members. It is available Monday through Friday.
You also can use a personal action plan to help you meet your goals.
Have you signed up for multi-session coaching?
Download your materials here:
- Eat Well, Live Well— nutrition
- Get Active — physical activity
- Healthy Weight — weight management
- Independence from Tobacco — quit tobacco use
- Stress Less — stress management
- Coma Bien, Viva Bien: una buena alimentacion para su salud
- Como Alcanzar un Peso Saludable: estrategias para el exito
- Liberate! dejar de fumar esta en tus manos
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print these PDF files. It is free to download.
Health Engagement and Wellness Services (HEWS) is a department of Kaiser Permanente Northwest serving Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington. HEWS is dedicated to providing information and support to help you improve your health.